What is the relationship between who we are on social media and who we “really” are?
- Andrea Lieber, “A Virtual Veibershul: Blogging and the Blurring of Public and Private among Orthodox Jewish Women,” College English, v. 72 no. 6 (July 2010), 621-637.
- Liza Long, “I am Adam Lanza’s Mother,” The Blue Review, December 15, 2012. Originally published as “Thinking the Unthinkable,” The Anarchist Soccer Mom, December 14 2012.
- Sarah Kendzior, “Want the Truth Behind ‘I Am Adam Lanza’s Mother?’ Read Her Blog,” Sarah Kendzior, December 16 2012.
- Sarah Kendzior, “A Brief Response on Liza Long,” Sarah Kendzior, December 16, 2012.
- Liza Long and Sarah Kendzior, “A Joint Statement from Sarah and Liza,” The Anarchist Soccer Mom, December 17, 2012.
- Sarah Kendzior, “Mommy Bloggers: A Child’s Right to Online Privacy,” AlJazeera, January 1 2013.
Workshop: Before class, draft a post about whether it is ethical to blog about children, even if those children give their consent. In the workshop we will edit for publication.